Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Master bedroom pallet wall

Finished project in the day light

I really only created this blog to pin my new master bedroom renovations. Who knows, maybe I will add other fun DIY projects my hubby and I get done too.

My husband had been collecting pallets from all over town and taking them apart. We ended up over estimating by a lot in the end but thats ok, plenty more pallet wood projects to be done!


Our room at the start of the project

We covered the entire wall with ply wood first. By doing that it didn't matter where we nailed the pallet wood because it would catch to the ply wood.
The ply wood part of the wall & preggo me trying to stay out of the pic


After the plywood was put up, and some wires patched (we had a boo-boo), and took the windowsills off (our original sills were grey marble and would look silly on a pallet wall) we begun attaching the pallet wood. We just put up a board, hit it with a few nails from the nail gun and moved onto the next. We started from the bottom and worked our way up and filled in the gaps at the end. We found that it went by really fast if we did all the fill cutting at the end.
The nearly finished project!
We used to have lights above our bed so we added them again but wanted to keep with the rustic look so found some very cool exterior lights at Home Depot and my husband wired them up to go inside and TA-DA!! We have awesome lights on either side of the bed.
The awesome lights

The final product was so much more then we anticipated!
The finished product at night






No comments:

Post a Comment